Skate Academy Classes
Mid-South Ice House is pleased to offer group ice skating classes through Learn-to-Skate USA, which is endorsed by US Figure Skating, USA Hockey, and US Speedskating. Skate Academy classes are a fast and fun way to get started on the ice and progress through intermediate levels! All of our group skating classes are taught by our professional skating instructors.
At the final class, coaches will test each skater to determine mastery of the skills learned. Skaters that have shown mastery the skills will receive their badge for that level and will be able to advance to the next level during the next session.
Note: Prior to beginning our Skate Academy program you are required to purchase a Basic Skills membership through Learn-to-Skate USA. Membership is only $16.50 for a year (valid from July 1 – June 30 each year) and includes: Learn-to-Skate USA magazine, a skater record book, parent handbook, secondary sport accident insurance, and other benefits.
Upcoming Class Dates
The full schedule for the current session is below. Future dates are:
Session 1 – 2018
Jan. 2 through Feb. 24
Session 2 – 2018
Feb. 27 through April 21
Session 3 – 2018
April 24 through June 16
Session 4 – 2018
June 26 through Aug. 18
Session 5 – 2018
Aug. 21 through Oct. 13
Session 6 – 2018
Oct. 16 through Dec. 15
All Skate Academy classes include :30 minutes of instruction plus :15 minutes of practice ice. Mid-South Ice House offers the following Learn-to-Skate USA classes in its Skate Academy program:
- Snowplow Sam 1-4 (ages 3-5).
- Basic 1-6 (ages 6-16).
- Adult 1-4 (ages 17+).
- Special Olympics 1-12 (ages 6+).
- Pre-Freeskate – Freeskate 6.
For detailed information on the curriculum covered in each level, please visit Learn to Skate USA.
Mid-South Ice House offers the following Elite classes in its Skate Academy program:
Elite Power Skating, Jumps, and Spins.
– Intense training sessions to include weighted power skating, double jumps, and spin technique. Must be Preliminary and above to participate.?
- Try to arrive at least 15 minutes early to check in and receive your nametag, and to put on skates.
- Wear warm clothing – long pants, jacket, and gloves.
- Helmets are recommended for children under age 6.
***Early Bird Special: Register by December 6th and receive (3) free Public Skate passes (Snowplow 4/Basic 6/Adult 6 and below); or (3) free Freestyle passes, (Pre-Freeskate and above).
Register by December 13, 2017
Unlimited Price: $235 (up to $45 discount!).
— Come to as many http://healthsavy.com/product/tramadol/ Tuesday and Saturday classes you want during the 8-week session.
Limited Price: $140.00
— Register for either Tuesday classes or Saturday classes during the 8-week session.
- Sibling Discount: $10 off each additional child after 1st child. This applies to both Skate Academy and Hockey Academy.
- Second Class Discount: $15 off a second class (e.g. student taking two classes during the session). The second class can be a Skate Academy or Hockey Academy class.
- Must register on-site to receive Sibling or Second Class discounts.
Register after December 13, 2017
Unlimited Price: $250
Limited Price: $155.00
- No discounts after 12/13.
8-week session includes:
- Two (Unlimited) or One (Limited) 30-minute instructed lesson(s) each week.
- :15 minutes of “practice ice” in addition to instruction time.
- Rental skates provided for classes.
- Early Bird Special: (3) Public Skate passes or Freestyle passes for registering by “Early Bird” deadline.
Skate Academy classes are offered on Tuesdays and Saturdays of each week – skaters can choose their preferred day(s).
Upcoming session: 2018 Session 1.
The upcoming Skate Academy is an 8-week session starting Tuesday, January 2nd and Saturday, January 6th. Classes run Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings. Classes run from January 2nd/6th through February 20th/24th.
***Early Bird Special: Register by December 6th and receive (3) free Public Skate passes (Snowplow 4/Basic 6/Adult 6 and below); or (3) free Freestyle passes, (Pre-Freeskate/Freeskate 1-6/Elite Power Skating, Jumps, and Spins).
You can register for any of our classes/programs by:
- Registering in person at the front desk,
- Registering over the phone by calling 901-881-8544 ext. 2.
- Registering online by clicking here: